I'm attempting to grow morel mushrooms indoors from the morels I harvested this year. I used the mycelium from the stem butts of 2 mushrooms. I'm using coffee and straw to get the spawn going. It's been about 8 days and the mycelium is thin and wispy but is visible when I open the top of the jar as you can see above. It is visible from the sides of the jar but is difficult to see.
What I plan to do is go get some of the soil where they were growing and mix it with coffee and straw to see if I can get it to spread. If it does end up working I'll put it in the fridge for a week and then put it in my growing chamber with high humidity. I'm hoping the change in the temperature triggers it to fruit. I know the commercial growers use light 24/7 so I'll do the same. It's a long shot but worth trying.